Thursday, November 1, 2012

Vitamix

Vitamix, how do I love thee, let me count the ways...what is a Vitamix? Hmmm. I'm hesitant to call it a "b" word, blender that is, cause it's so much more. I was sick and tired of trying to make smoothies and ending up with chunkies. And by chunkies I mean chunks of ice that never blended. With Vitamix I get perfect results every time. I make fruit and veggie smoothies, pasta sauce, soup, and so much more. Oh Yes! Vitamix can not only blend soups but makes them hot enough to eat right out of the container!  Price tag is hefty, but they will last a lifetime. Reconditioned models are available for a cheaper price. I even have a discount code for free shipping. 06-007947.
Vitamix Information
One of my favorite smoothies is the Rejuvenator from Robeks. I've tried my best to recreate it minus their boosts they add. I usually just toss the ingredients in the Vitamix without measuring, so my measurements may be slightly off. You can of course make to your own taste preference. You could also use fresh fruit, but the fruit selection this time of year isn't the greatest. I use frozen strawberries that I picked over the summer and froze for the fall/winter. This makes at least two smoothies.

8 oz Raspberry Cranberry juice
1 scoop raspberry sherbert
1 scoop pineapple sherbert
1/2 c frozen pineapples chunks (I use the Trader Joe's brand)
1/2 c frozen strawberries
1 c ice
Blend until smooth

You can also mix it up, the creations are endless. I like to make a berry spinach smoothie. Or even a strawberry banana with an apple juice base.

Apple juice (I like the Simply Apple Juice)
1 scoop strawberry sherbert
strawberries
banana
ice

Or even a tropical smoothie...
Juice base of choice
Pineapple sherbert
Mango sherbert (found at Trader Joe's)
Frozen Pineapple
Frozen Mango
Ice

Enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment