Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkin and Fall go hand and hand, so I thought I better post my pumpkin bread recipe now, I actually make this yummy bread year around. This recipe makes one loaf, but can be easily doubled for two loaves. You can also make mini loaves, but will need to reduce the bake time. If you are like me I like mine hot, so it's hard for me to wait for it to cool completely before I dig in! Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 c sugar
1 c pumpkin puree
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 c AP flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Optional-you can add or cover with 1/2 c coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions
Preheat oven to 350
Grease one loaf pan
Mix sugar, pumpkin, oil, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl
Stir in remaining ingredients
Pour into pan
Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
Cool at least 15 minutes before you loosen and remove from the pan
Cool completely on wire rack before slicing
Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator up to 1 week


No comments:

Post a Comment